To perform the following procedures, open the the Patient Manager and select a patient with a WSIB Case.
Create a Treatment Plan
- Select the patient’s WSIB Case and click the Documents tab.
- Click [New Document] on the toolbar.
- In the Template type drop-down list, select WSIB POC Plan and click Open.
The Treatment Plan Editor opens.
Note: You may want to clone the treatment plan from a predefined Custom Plan Preset or from a previous treatment plan. To do that, select Preset or Previous in the Duplicate From drop-down list, then select one from the list.
- Verify the Plan Date and Plan No. (in the top right section of the screen).
- Enter a Plan Name (in the top left section of the screen).
- Choose the Block Code that the plan is intended to track (e.g., LB01).
- Add the services/products to be applied to the selected block. Click inside an empty cell under the Item ID column and select the item from the drop-down list.
- Add one or more providers to the table and check the PP box beside the primary provider to identify the lead therapist.
Note: You must associate a valid provider to each item. In the Provider Reference table on top, click inside an empty cell under the Provider column and select one from the drop-down list. Then, under the PR column in the Service/Product table, reference the provider by choosing the respective letter.
Tip: Optionally, you may add comments at the bottom left of the treatment plan.
- Click Save & Close.
Calculate Plan End Date
To accurately track patient reassessment, you will want to specify a treatment plan duration as well as identify the approximate “expiry date” of the plan. The plan does not actually expire on that date, however, you will want to know if the patient completes the treatment plan as prescribed.
To help you identify the plan end date:
- While editing the treatment plan, enter the number of weeks in the Duration in weeks box (in the top right section of the screen).
- Check the Start Date box (in the top left section of the screen) and choose the date when you started (or intend to start) treating the patient under this plan.
- Click Calculate Plan End Date (under the Duration in weeks box).
Note: The system will calculate the plan end date based on the start date and duration you have entered, and set it as the End Date.
Preview and Print a Treatment Plan
- While editing the treatment plan, click Preview.
- In the preview screen, click [Print] on the toolbar.
- Choose a printer from the list, then click Print.
Tip: While in preview, you may also export the document to PDF by clicking [Export to PDF] on the toolbar.
Edit a Treatment Plan
Note: This can be done only for treatment plans with the status of Created.
- In the Documents tab, double-click on a WSIB POC Plan type.
- Make changes to the treatment plan, then click Save & Close.
Delete a Treatment Plan
Note: You are required to enter user password and have appropriate permissions in order to delete documents. Also, you can only delete documents in the Created status.