This article will help you create and modify an Extended Health (or EHC) treatment plan based on a benefit schedule.
You may want to create treatment plans for EHC cases in order to track down prescribed treatment covered by Extended Health Coverage until the recommended treatment has been exhausted.
To perform the following procedures, open the Patient Manager and select a patient with an EHC case from the list on the left.
Create a Treatment Plan
- Select the patient’s EHC case and click the Documents tab.
- Click [New Document] on the toolbar.
- In the Template type drop-down list, select EHC Plan and click Open.
The Treatment Plan Editor opens.
Note: You may want to clone the treatment plan from a predefined Custom Plan Preset or from a previous treatment plan. To do that, select Preset or Previous in the Duplicate From drop-down list, then select one from the list.
- Verify the Plan Date and Plan No (in the top right section of the screen).
- Enter a Plan Name (in the top left section of the screen).
- To add Service/Product, click inside an empty cell under the Item ID column and select the item from the drop-down list.
- Add one or more providers to the table, then choose the appropriate benefit type in the EHC1 and EHC2 columns for each and check the PP box beside the primary provider to identify the lead therapist.
Note: You must associate a valid provider to each item. In the Provider Reference table on top, click inside an empty cell under the Provider column and select one from the drop-down list. Then, under the PR column in the Service/Product table, reference the provider by choosing the respective letter.
- Check the “V” box under the EHC1 or EHC2 Coverage Info columns.
Note: The allocated benefit schedule amount shown in the Available column will be reduced by the amount for the line total.
Tip: Optionally, you may add comments at the bottom left of the treatment plan.
- Click Save & Close.
Calculate Plan End Date
To accurately track patient reassessment, you will want to specify a treatment plan duration as well as identify an approximate “expiry date” of the plan. The plan does not actually expire on that date, however, you will want to know if the patient completes the treatment plan within the estimated duration.
To help you identify the plan end date:
- While editing the treatment plan, enter the number of weeks in the Duration in weeks box (in the top right section of the screen).
- Check the Start Date box (in the top left section of the screen) and choose the date when you started (or intend to start) treating the patient under this plan.
- Click Calculate Plan End Date (under the Duration in weeks box).
Note: The system will calculate the plan end date based on the start date and duration you have entered, and enter it as the End Date.
Preview and Print a Treatment Plan
- While editing the treatment plan, click Preview.
- In the preview screen, click [Print] on the toolbar.
- Choose a printer from the list, then click Print.
Tip: While in print preview, you may also export the document to PDF by clicking [Export to PDF] on the toolbar.
Edit a Treatment Plan
Note: This can be done only for treatment plans with the status of Created.
- On the Documents tab, double-click on an EHC Plan type.
- Make changes to the treatment plan, then click Save & Close.
Delete a Treatment Plan
Note: You are required to enter user password and have appropriate permissions in order to delete documents. Also, you can only delete documents in the Created status.
- In the Documents tab, select an EHC Plan, then click [Delete Document] on the toolbar.
- Click Yes when prompted.