You may want to create treatment plans in order to track down prescribed treatment until it has been exhausted.
Create a Treatment Plan
- Select the patient’s case and click the Documents tab.
- Click [New Document] on the toolbar.
- From the Template type drop-down list, select the template appropriate to the selected case type:
Note: You may want to clone the treatment plan from a predefined Custom Plan Preset or from a previous treatment plan. To do that, select Preset or Previous in the Duplicate From drop-down list, then select one from the list.
- Click Open.
The Treatment Plan Editor opens.
- Verify the Plan Date and Plan No (in the top right section of the screen).
- Enter a Plan Name (in the top-left section of the screen).
- To add Service/Product, click inside an empty cell under the Item ID column and select the item from the drop-down list.
- Add one or more providers to the table and check the PP box beside the primary provider to identify the lead therapist.
Note: You must associate a valid provider to each item. In the Provider Reference table on top, click inside an empty cell under the Provider column and select one from the drop-down list. Then, under the PR column in the Service/Product table, reference the provider by choosing the respective letter.
Tip: Optionally, you may add comments at the bottom left of the treatment plan.
- Click Save & Close.
Calculate Plan End Date
To accurately track patient reassessment, you will want to specify a treatment plan duration as well as identify an approximate “expiry date” of the plan. The plan does not actually expire on that date, however, you will want to know if the patient completes treatment plan as prescribed by that date.
To help you identify the plan end date:
- While editing the treatment plan, enter the number of weeks into the Duration in weeks box (in the top right section of the screen).
- Check the Start Date box (in the top-left section of the screen) and choose the date when you started (or intend to start) treating the patient under this plan.
- Click Calculate Plan End Date (under the Duration in weeks box).
Note: The system will calculate the plan end date based on the start date and duration you have entered, and pre-populate the Plan End Date.
Preview and Print a Treatment Plan
- While editing the treatment plan, click Preview.
- In the preview window, click [Print] on the toolbar.
- Choose a printer from the list, then click Print.
Tip: While in print preview, you may also export the document to PDF by clicking [Export to PDF] on the toolbar.
Edit a Treatment Plan
Note: This can be done only for treatment plans with the status of Created.
- On the Documents tab, double-click on a Plan.
- Make changes to the Treatment Plan, then click Save & Close.
Delete a Treatment Plan
Note: You are required to enter user password and have appropriate permissions in order to delete documents. Also, you can only delete documents in the Created status.
- In the Documents tab, select a Plan, then click [Delete Document] on the toolbar.
- Click Yes when prompted.