This article will show you how to export patients’ case files (documents, invoices, payments, SOAP notes and correspondence) to a folder on your computer.
To perform the following procedure, open the Patient Manager.
- Select File > Export Documents To Folder.
The Export Patient Case Documents To Folder window appears.
- Select a patient case from the Patient Case drop-down or start typing patient’s last name for quick access. The patients case files are broken down by Type, From Tab, File Name and Date.
- To quickly find specific case files, type part or all of the filename in the search box and click Search.
- To sort the case files, click a column heading.
- Check the box next to the files you want to export or check the Select All box, then click Transfer Selected Files. The files move to the list on the right side.
- Click Delete on right of the File Name to remove it from the export list.
- Click the Reset button to clear the lists and start over.
- From the Export to field, if a folder was not yet created, the system will create a one named UOExportFolder in the C drive. Click the three-dotted (…) button to change the file location.
Important: DO NOT select your desktop as the export file location as it may cause issues with the files.
- You have the option to check the Overwrite existing folder box and Zip folder when finished box.
Note: If the Overwrite existing folder box isn’t checked and the Export to folder already exists for files, then old files will be kept and new files will be added.
- Click the Export button. All exported files will now be saved and can be accessed in the file location selected in step 4.