This article will help you to create a Universal Office copy of an OCF-18 or OCF-23 that was submitted directly through HCAI.ca. (e.g., a patient’s Treatment Plan was submitted to hcai.ca directly and approved; however, to keep things organized, you want to copy the plan and invoice it in Universal Office).
Step 1: Create an OCF-18 or OCF-23 Copy in Universal Office
- Create a new OCF-18 or OCF-23 (latest version). For instructions to create these claim forms, see the Create and Submit Treatment and Assessment Plan (OCF-18) article and Create and Submit Treatment Confirmation Form (OCF-23) article.
- Complete the claim form, ensuring all information matches your HCAI document.
- Click Save As, select HCAI Compliant and click Save & Close.
Note: Do not click Submit and Close as this will submit the document to HCAI.
Step 2: Flag and Set the HCAI Status Manually
Note: Your billing settings must be configured to set the HCAI number. Click Edit > Preferences, select Billing Settings from the list on the left and check the Validate HCAI numbers of OCF invoices and documents via HCAI web server box. Save Changes and Close the Preference window.
- From the Documents tab, select the OCF-18 or OCF-23 you just created.
- On the toolbar, click the arrow next to the [Flag] button and select Change HCAI Status.
The Change Status window appears.
- Select the HCAI Status from the drop-down menu.
- Check the Set HCAI No box and enter the HCAI document number.
- Optionally, change the Date and Time and check the Lock Status box.
Note: If you lock the document status, it remains unchanged in Universal Office, regardless of changes applied in HCAI.
- Click Save & Close, enter your User Password, then click OK.
- Click Yes when prompted.
Note: Manual status changes are recorded in the View Log of the document.