Release 4.2.5 of Universal Office is now available for download. This release includes the 7 updated OCFs scheduled to take effect on June 2016. The release also significantly improves performance for the document attachment as well as replaces our backup utility with a new one.
For a list of new and updated features, please refer to the Release Notes that are included with this download.
IMPORTANT NOTICE! If you do not complete these tasks BEFORE beginning the update, you may lose some or all of your data. Antibex Software Inc. is not responsible for damages incurred due to improper installation.
BEFORE YOU UPDATE:
- Confirm that the current version of Universal Office on your computer(s) is November 23, 2011 or later.
- All computers must be logged off Universal Office before you run this update on the Server.
- Microsoft SQL 2005 or later MUST BE installed on your Server computer.
- .Net Framework 4.5 MUST BE installed on the server computer.
- Server computer name MUST NOT exceed 14 characters.
- Perform a backup of the database from the server computer using Universal BackUp.
- Turn off the User Account Control Settings (if applicable) on the Server.
- Restart the Server computer BEFORE update.
- Be sure to run this update on the Server computer FIRST. For users who heavily use attach document feature, this update may take UP TO 2 HOURS on Server computer.
- Enough free disk space of at least a double the size of C:Program FilesAntibex folder.
- Be sure to update ALL computers with Universal Office.
AFTER YOU UPDATE:
- Make sure UniversalStorage folder was created under C:Program FilesAntibex folder
- The size of the UniversalStorage folder must be at least the size of UniversalSVN folder in C:Program FilesAntibexUniversal CPR folder
- Ensure that Backup Schedule is set.
Note: Please be patient as the update on the Server (main computer) may take up to 2 hours for heavy users of the document attachment feature.
Note: Please be patient as the update on the Server (main computer) may take up to 30 minutes.