Disability Certificates are typically issued after an initial assessment or reassessment. This claim form cannot be submitted to HCAI electronically. However, you can create and modify an OCF-3 in Universal Office. You can also edit and delete OCF-3s that have the status Created.
To perform the following procedures, open the Patient Manager and select the patient from the list on the left.
Create an OCF-3
- Open the patients MVA Case and click the Documents tab.
- On the Documents tab, click [New Document] on the toolbar, then click OCF-3 (Latest OCF version) in the Template type drop-down list.
Note: You may want to clone the OCF from a predefined OCF-3 Preset or from a previous OCF-3. To do that, click Preset or Previous in the Duplicate From drop-down list, then select one from the list.
- Click Open
The OCF-3 Editor window opens.
- Verify the Date of Accident and Document date.
- Click the numbered links on the left side of the screen to open, review, and complete each section of the OCF-3. See OCF-3 Sections.
- When the form is complete, click Save & Close.
Modify an OCF-3
This can be done only for Disability Certificates with the status of Created.
- On the Documents tab, double-click on an OCF-3.
- Make the necessary changes, then click Save & Close.
Delete an OCF-3
Note: This can be done only for Disability Certificates with the status of Created.
- On the Documents tab, select a Disability Certificate, then click [Delete Document] on the toolbar.
Note: You may be prompted to enter a password.
- Click Yes when prompted.
Save as Preset
You may save a completed Disability Certificate as a preset.
- When the Disability Certificate is complete, click the arrow next to Save As, then click Preset.
- Enter a descriptive name for the preset.
- Click Save & Close.
Preview and Print an OCF-3
- While modifying the OCF-3, click [Preview] in the toolbar.
The OCF-3 opens for previewing.
- Click [Print] on the toolbar.
- Choose the desired printer from the list, then click Print.
Tip: While previewing, you can also export the document to PDF by clicking [Export to PDF] on the toolbar.
- Signature of Health Practitioner
In Part 10 of the OCF-3, identify the Health Practitioner.
- Disability and Test Information
Be sure to complete both pages of Part 6. The Disability and Test Information has two pages and you can switch between the pages on the bottom-right. Be sure to stay within the boundary of 500 characters per explanation box.
- Further Investigations or Consultations
In Part 7 of the OCF-3, you may enter up to 210 characters in response to question a) and 325 characters for question b).
- Prior and Concurrent Conditions
In Part 8 of the OCF-3, you may enter up to 250 characters for explanations in question a) and up to 650 characters for question b).
In Part 9 of the OCF-3, you may enter up to 350 characters in each explanation box.