This article will help you attach scanned documents, images, and documents received as email attachments to a patient case, allowing you to keep all related documents in a single location. This is also a great paperless office solution for your patient’s files.
Before you begin, be sure you have scanned, stored, or downloaded the documents you want to attach (PDF, DOC, XLS, etc).
Note: Attached documents can be accessed by all users who have access to the patient and patient case tabs.
To perform the following procedures, select a patient from the list on the left, then open a case for which you want to attach a document.
- To start, open one of the following tabs:
- Documents tab – for medical documents or medical assessment reports, such as In-home Assessment reports, Initial Assessment Reports, Progress Reports, and others
- Correspondence tab – for faxes and letters received from insurance companies or lawyers
- Soap Notes tab – for documents that relate to Soap notes, such as initial assessment exam forms, progress notes, and others
- Click [Attach] on the toolbar.
- Browse to and select the file to attach, then click Save.
Note: You cannot modify attached documents within Universal Office.
Rename Attached Document
- Open the tab that contains the document (Documents, Correspondence, or Soap Notes).
- Select the document.
- On the toolbar, click the arrow for [Attach], then click Rename File.
The Rename File window opens.
- Change the name and then click Save & Close.
Delete Attached Document
Note: You cannot delete documents in the Sent or Reply status.
- Open the tab that contains the attached document (Documents, Correspondence, or Soap Notes).
- Select the attached document.
- Click [Delete] on the toolbar.
Note: You may be prompted to enter a password before you can delete the document.
- Click Yes when prompted.
Change Document Status
- Open the Documents tab.
Note: Only documents can have their status changed.
- Select the document.
- On the toolbar, click the arrow for [Set Status], then click Set to Sent or Set to Reply.
- Choose a date and enter a short explanatory memo, then click Save & Close.
Note: The status of the document changes and the Sent or Replied date is shown in the Sent or Replied column of the Documents tab.