To perform the following procedures, open the Patient Manager and select a patient with an MVA case from the list on the left.
Create and Submit an OCF-23 to HCAI
- Select the patient’s MVA case and click the Documents tab.
- Click [New Document] on the toolbar, then select OCF-23 (Latest OCF version) in the Template type drop-down list, then click Open.
The OCF-23 Editor opens.
Note: You may want to clone the OCF from a predefined OCF-23 Preset or from a previous OCF-23. To do that, select Preset or Previous in the Duplicate From drop-down list, then select one from the list.
- Verify the Date of Accident and Document Date.
- Click the links on the left of the screen to open, review, and complete the sections of the OCF-23. See OCF-23 Sections table.
- Click Submit & Close.
Note: When requested to submit, the system will validate every detail of the form against HCAI business rules before submitting the document. In case any piece of information fails validation the system will not submit and instead highlight the fields that require your attention.
Tip: To avoid having HCAI validations performed before you are ready, save the OCF-23, as Draft or Created.
Calculate Plan End Date
To accurately track patient reassessment, you will want to specify plan start and end dates. Check the box for Plan start date and Plan end date and choose dates for each.
Preview and Print an OCF-23
- While editing an OCF-23, click Preview.
- In the OCF-23 preview, click [Print] on the toolbar.
- Choose a printer from the list, then click Print.
Tip: While in OCF-23 preview, you may also export the document to PDF by clicking [Export to PDF] on the toolbar.
Connect to Tracking Workflow
Workflows help you with tracking and are particularly useful for assessments. To link a treatment plan to a predefined workflow, choose the Tracking Type and Category located in the upper left of the OCF-23 (right below the plan start and end dates).
Save as Preset
You may save the completed treatment plan as a preset.
- After completing the pages of the OCF-23 as described above, click the arrow next to Save As and then click Preset.
- Enter a descriptive name for the preset in the Preset Name field.
- Click Save & Close.
The Document Log captures the state changes of the treatment plan from the moment it was created until the adjuster response via HCAI. Every log record is timestamped and identified with a status.
To open the Document Log, open an existing OCF-23, then click View Log (top right of the form). The treatment plan will acquire an HCAI document number once it has been successfully delivered to HCAI.
To copy the HCAI document number to the clipboard for use elsewhere:
- Select the number shown in the bottom left of the Document Log window.
- Use Ctrl+C shortcut to copy.
To preview and print the log, click Preview on the bottom-right of the Document Log window. Click [Print] on the toolbar.
The Explanation of Benefits (or EOB) is used by adjusters when they choose to provide additional details for declined (not approved) and partially approved claims. Thus, not every OCF-23 will have a response with an EOB attached.
Edit an OCF-23
- On the Documents tab, double-click on an OCF-23.
- Make changes to the treatment confirmation form, then click Save & Close.
Delete an OCF-23
- This cannot be done for an OCF-23 that has been submitted to HCAI.
- You are required to enter a User password and have appropriate permissions in order to delete the form.
- On the Documents tab, select a treatment plan, then click [Delete Document] on the toolbar.
- Click Yes when prompted
|Applicant & Insurance Information||On this page, complete parts 1, 2, 3, and 13 of the OCF-23. This page includes a patient’s OHIP and other insurance coverages, as well as MVA insurer, adjuster name, and policyholder.|
|Signature of Initiating Health Practitioner||In Part 4 of the OCF-23, identify the Initiating Health Practitioner.|
|Injury & Sequelae Information||In Part 5 of the OCF-23, the system pre-populates injuries already identified in the patient case. You can add injury codes, or remove injuries from the list. You can also rearrange the order by injury severity using the arrows at the top of the Patient Injury List.|
|Prior and Concurrent Conditions, and Barriers to Recovery||In this page, complete Parts 7 and 8 of the OCF-23. Be sure to stay within the boundary of 500 characters per explanation box.|
|Pre-approved Guideline, Other Health Providers and Goods or Services Requiring Insurer Approval||In Part 9 of the OCF-23, name the applicable guideline (e.g. MIG) and specify maximum and estimated fees. Parts 10 and 11 are applicable only for accidents that occurred before September 1, 2010. The system will prevent you from entering this information unless the Date of Loss is before September 1, 2010.|
|Additional Comments||Provide any additional information, such as an assessment report summary (up to 20,000 characters). If you intend to send an attachment after this treatment plan is submitted, check the Attachments being sent, if any box and indicate the number of documents you are sending. If you are not sending any attachments, clear (uncheck) this box.|
|OCF23 Plan By Blocks||See Add and Modify MIG Block Plan article.|