This article will help you print selected billing statements with customized print options.
Note: Use printed billing statements with caution. The total amount in a statement may be different from the one displayed in account activity because the distribution of partial invoice payments and block-based invoices will affect billing statements.
To perform the following procedures, open the Patient Manager. Then, select a patient from the list on the left, open a patient case and select the Account Activity tab. By default, the Invoices & Payments tab opens in Account Activity.
- Click the Billing Statement tab, which lists all Standard billing statements for that case.
Note: The patient case current balance is displayed at the bottom of the screen, along with the applied payments and the total billed.
Tip: To view billing statement for a specific time period, use the From and To date fields above the tab.
- Check the box for the billing statements you want to print or check the Select All box at the bottom.
- On the toolbar, click [Print Preview].
The Bill To window opens.
- Select who is to be billed: the patient, an insurer, a legal rep, etc.
The address of the selected Bill To party, if any, is drawn from the patient record and shown on the screen.
Tip: You can change this address or enter an address, without affecting the patient record.
- Optionally, add comments to appear on the billing statement.
- Choose the appropriate Print Options (described below), then click Continue.You can choose to include all or some of the following in the statement (each appears in its own column of the billing statement’s table).
- Invoice Create Date
- Invoice Sent Date
- Invoice Reference No.
- Provider Reference (“A”, “B”, or “C” indicator shown in the table)
- Qty of item billed for
- Rate per item (dollar amount)
- Tax per item (dollar amount)
- Balance Due per item
- Paid Amt per item
You can choose to show, below the table:
- Billing Statement Balance Amt. (“Balance Due”)
- Billing Statement Paid Amt. (“Total Paid”)
- Billing Statement Tax Amt.
Tip: To display provider’s first and last name, type and registration number on printout check the Show Billing Statement Providers box.