This article will help you configure Telemedicine, virtual session visits, in Universal Office.
To learn more about Doxy.me, please visit the Getting started page on their knowledge base.
Note: Upon creating a doxy.me account, you will be asked to name your room. You will want to come up with a descriptive name for your room. Doxy.me requires a unique room name.
Important: Every provider that will offer remote sessions via Telemedicine in your facility will require their own account and room in doxy.me. To control provider waiting rooms on Doxy.me, you will need to upgrade your account to a premium package called Clinic.
Create a new Telemedicine activity
Let’s start by creating an activity with the Telemedicine Activity type.
- Open Activity Manager
- Click New Activity
- For Activity type, select Telemedicine
- Complete all required fields, then save
Enable an existing activity for Telemedicine
You can also turn the existing services listed in the Activity Manager to Telemedicine service types.
- Open Activities Manager
- Select an activity
- Click Edit
- Change the Activity type to Telemedicine, then save
Add Telemedicine room to provider
The system will send invitations to patients with a link that will take them to the provider’s waiting room on doxy.me. You will need to add the link provided by doxy.me to every provider (who will offer remote sessions) in the Resource Manager.
- Open Resource Manager
- Select a provider
- Click Edit
- Copy the waiting room link from the provider’s doxy.me waiting room, then paste it into the Telemedicine room field in the Resource Manager
- Click Save
Note: Every provider must have their own portal and a Telemedicine waiting room on doxy.me.
- Select the Activities Performed tab
- Make sure the activity with the Telemedicine for Activity type appears in this list (if it doesn’t, then simply add it)
Configure Telemedicine notification
- Open eBroadcast
- Select Notifications
- Turn the Telemedicine invitation notification ON
Note: There are two types of the Telemedicine invitation notifications – 1) Email and 2) SMS.
- Click Edit and select the number of minutes, before the Telemedicine appointment, you want the patient to receive the invitation to join the video call, then save
Important: eBroadcast must be configured to invite clients to the remote Telemedicine appointments
Schedule Telemedicine appointments
Finally, schedule the Telemedicine appointments the way you normally would. For instructions on how to book appointments, see Schedule Appointments.
Be sure to book activities with the Telemedicine activity type.